We altered Cheri's recipe by adding a clove of garlic.
Pine Nut Parmesan Cheese
Author: Cherie Soria
Recipe Type: Cheese
Cuisine: Raw Vegan
Serves: 8 servings
- 2 cups raw pine nuts
- 1 or more cups filtered water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon probiotic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove of garlic (we added this)
- Blend all ingredients in a high-performance blender, adding water as necessary to achieve a thin creamy texture.
- Divide batter in half and spread each half, paper thin, on a dehydrator tray lined with a nonstick sheet. Dehydrate for 12 hours or until the cheese is completely dry and crisp.
- Using a pastry board scraper, scrape cheese shavings off the sheet.