Tuesday, April 19, 2016
1/2 cup Caramelized Onions
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup water
2 TBS maple syrup
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
Blend is a high speed blender
2 pounds fresh green beans, ends snipped and cut to desired length
1 pound cherry/grape tomatoes, we like them halved
1/2 cup caramelized onions
1 14 oz jar heart of palm or artichokes, drained and sliced
Toss salad ingredients with dressing. Allow to rest for at least an hour.
ince my husband has been diagnosed with Barrett's HG dysplasia, we have been making almond milk every other day, creating the need for recipes using almond pulp beside the bagels and pretzels. We created this one.
Almond Pulp Cookies
Almond Pulp Cookies
almond pulp from 2 batches of almond milk
¾ cup flax meal
¾ cup almond butter
½ cup cacao powder
1 cup soaked dates (more if not sweet enough), drain water (save if needed to thin mixture )
4 tsp vanilla (or 2 inches)
4 tsp cinnamon
2 TBS honey or maple syrup, if needed
¼ cup cacao nibs (or mini chocolate chips)
pinch of salt
We blended eerything in food processor, one could withhold the nibs/chips and stir them in at the end.
Roll into balls, flatten like a cookie and dehydrate
Saturday, April 9, 2016
This month's theme is a raw pizza bar.
The May potluck will be a pasta bar. Each person plans to bring a spirialized vegetable and one's favorite sauce.
3 TBS nutritional yeast
6 TBS liquid aminos
9 TBS oil
15 shiitake mushrooms
marinate for at least 10 minutes
Diced olives and peppers
Living tomato sauce
2 cups sun dried tomatoes soaked for 6 hrs.
4 garlic cloves
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tbs. red or yellow onion
3 tbs. extra virgin olive oil
2 tbs. lemon juice
2 tsp. dried basil
1 tsp dried parsley
1-2 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 tsp. dried thyme
3 pitted dates
Blend everything in a high speed blender and serve.
Macadamia and Pinenut Cheese
2 cups macadamia nuts, soaked 2 hours
1 cup pine nuts, soaked 2 hours
1 TBS minced fresh rosemary
1 TBS minces fresh parsley
1 tsp fresh thyme
2 TBS nutritional yeast
1 probiotic capsule
1 TBS lemon juice
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground pepper
Combine all the ingredients but the water in a high speed blender, adding water as needed.
Place cheese on cheese cloth to ferment ovenight
Refrigerate up to 7 days.
honey to taste
The goji berries and the cranberries were soaked in the dressing and then the dressing and berries were tossed in the spring mix.
Raspberries, blackberries, pineapple, and banana
Mandarin Orange tarts
Almond Cacao tarts
Sassafras Keifer, Lemon Keifer and Hibiscus tea
Friday, April 8, 2016
Dahl with Naan Bread. The recipe for Garlic & Onion Naan Bread is from the Raw Chef. We made a few alterations to fit our needs.
- 1 peeled courgette (zucchini)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons cold pressed sesame oil
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup psyllium husk
- ½ cup ground almonds (almond meal)
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup cashews (cashew meal)
- ½ cup GF flour
- ¼ cup lucuma
- Blend the first set of ingredients in a high-speed blender.
- Grind the second set of ingredients in a food processor until the cashews are ground to flour.
- With the food processor turned on, pour in the mixture from the blender slowly, so that the 2 combine thoroughly.
- Transfer to a bowl and leave to stand for a few minutes, so that it thickens up.
- You’re now ready to spread into 3 to 4 individual naan breads on a nonstick dehydrator sheet, around 1cm (⅓”) thick. I like to make the outside edge a little thicker than that.
- Dehydrate at 115 degrees F for around 3 to 4 hours, until you can turn them over, removing the nonstick sheet to complete dehydration for another 3 to 4 hours.
- There’s a real sweet spot for dehydration here, where they’re still slightly moist inside, making them more spongy. You can always make one really small piece when spreading them out, so you can use to test how dry they’re getting.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Tuesday, April 5, 2016
6 dates, soaked
1 tsp salt
1 tsp mustard powder
1/2 cup white vinegar
1 tsp grated onion
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup oil
1 TBS poppy seeds
Place everything in a high speed blender except the oil and poppy seeds. Blend for 20-30 seconds. Slowly pour in oil while the blender is on to make an emulsion. Stir in the poppy seeds by hand.