The recipe is from:
Buffalo Zucchini Chips with Ranch Dipping Sauce
- 1 cup dried almond pulp or almond flour (there is a great tutorial on making almond flour here: Almond Flour)
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder (We didn't use this our son doesn't like it so we doubled the paprika)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- a few grinds fresh pepper
1. Stir all ingredients together in bowl.
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced 1/4 inch thick (we continued to cut the zucchini until the breading was gone, 3-4 zucchini)
- fresh almond milk (or other nut-milk)
- breading (see recipe above)
1. Dip zucchini slice in almond milk.
2. Dip in breading.
3. Place on dehydrator screen and dehydrate at 145 degrees for one hour*. Lower temp and finish dehydrating until soft. Approximately 8 – 10 hours.
4. Alternatively (not raw), place on baking sheet and bake at your oven’s lowest temp. Check for doneness frequently.
Ranch Dipping Sauce (we used this as a salad dressing as well)
Almond “Butter” Milk
- 1 cup fresh almond milk
- 2 teaspoons raw apple cider vinegar
1. Stir vinegar into almond milk. Let sit for 10 minutes to develop.
- 1 cup cashews, soaked until soft
- 1 cup almond “buttermilk”
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dill
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon himalayan salt
- few grinds fresh pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
1. Place all ingredients except for chives in high-speed blender. Blend until smooth. Stir in chives. Serve with Zucchini Chips.