On our run this morning we past several blackberry bushes with a multitude of blackberries. On the return home we stopped to pick them.
We decided to use them to make Raw Blackberry Cobbler from http://www.rawfoodrecipes.com/recipes/raw-blackberry-cobbler.html
2 cups walnuts (soaked overnight & dehydrated back to dry)
1/2 cup coconut flakes
4 dates, pitted
1/2 tsp vanilla extract (or powder)
Pinch Himalayan salt
3 cup fresh blackberries
6 dates, pitted
3 Tbsp raw honey
1) In a food processor, start with the dry crumble ingredients first (walnuts, coconut, salt). Process down to a fine crumble, do not overprocess.
2) Add dates and vanilla and continue to process until the dough starts to fold in on itself.
3) Transfer 1/2 of the mixture into a bowl and set aside. The remaining half, press into a 9x9 square cake pan to form a crust.
1) Add 1-1/2 cup blackberries back into the food processor, along with dates and honey. Process until well incorporated.
2) Add the remaining blackberries and pulse two or three times leaving many of the chunks intact.
Pour the blackberry filling over the crust in the cake pan, and top with the remaining crumble that was set aside. Gently press through the crumble to expose some of the filling underneath.