‘Eatmore’ Fudge Squares
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1/2 cup almonds, unsalted
- 1/4 cup walnuts, unsalted
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
Put dates in a bowl with warm water, allow dates to soak for 30 minutes, then drain (we save this water to sweeten our tea instead of using honey or sugar - http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-healthiest-sweetener/ ). Mix together dates, almonds, walnuts, and 1/4 cup cocoa powder in a food processor until well blended. Spread mixture in a 9×5 baking pan (we used a 9x9 pan) until evenly distributed, and press down gently with a spoon.
- 2 ripe bananas (we used ripe bananas we had frozen)
- 4 tbsp natural almond butter
- 1/4 cup more unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 tbsp unpasteurized honey (K note: strict vegans can use agave)
Mix together bananas, almond butter, honey, and other 1/4 cup cocoa powder in the food processor until well blended. Spread mixture over bottom layer until evenly distributed. Place in freezer for 30 minutes. Cut into 16 squares. Re-freeze whatever you don’t eat, and enjoy at another time!
This is the link for this recipe http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2013/02/15/healthy-eatmore-fudge-chocolate-bars/