The original recipe for Brazil Crusted Squash looks amazing. Brazil nuts are a wonderful source of selenium and hemp for the omega 3's, we only had hemp. We altered the recipe to fit our needs. This would make a wonderful side dish for any holiday meal. If raw isn't your thing, bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
Herby Squash Ingredients:
- 4 cups summer squash, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup red onion, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup filtered water
- 1 tbsp unflavored kombucha
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, minced
- 1/2 tsp fresh sage, minced, or 1 tsp dried
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme, or 1 tsp dried
- 1 cup hemp seeds
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp dried parsley, or 1 TBS fresh
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Mix all ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Cover and let sit out for at least three hours to soften. Or you can use a dehydrator the speed up the process, but make sure it is covered so it doesn’t dry out.
- Make the breading by putting breading ingredients in food processor and process until it becomes a crumbly texture.
- Put the zucchini mixture on your serving dish and top with breading.
- Dehydrate at 105 for 4-6 hours to warm, overnight to soften and warm