Homemade vapor rub is similar to Vicks vapor rub but without petroleum jelly. Naturally effective with essential oils!
Author: Wellness Mama
Recipe type: Remedy
- ½ cup olive oil, coconut oil, or almond oil
- 2 level tablespoons of beeswax pastilles
- 20 drops of Eucalyptus Oil
- 20 drops Peppermint Oil
- 10 drops Rosemary Oil
- 10 drops cinnamon or clove oil (optional)
- Melt beeswax with oil of choice in a double boiler until just melted.
- Add the essential oils (use half the amount for a baby version or dilute with coconut oil before using)
- Stir until well mixed and pour into some type of container with a lid to store. Little tins work well, as do small jars. I also always make a few in lip chap sticks to keep in my purse or use on baby feet.
- Use as needed to help sooth coughing and congestion.
Make sure to dilute for babies and children and use as little as is needed. Can also make with the herbs instead of essential oils by infusing the oil with 1 tablespoon of each of the herbs in a double boiler over medium heat for 2 hours.
Recipe by Wellness Mama at http://wellnessmama.com/3527/natural-vapor-rub/