4-5 bell peppers, various colors
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 zucchini shredded
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 14-ounce can diced tomatoes
1 14-ounce can tomato sauce
1/4 chicotta recipe using water and miso
1/2 cup pinenut parmesan cheese
1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
1/4 cup fresh parsley
2 TBS fresh thyme
2 TBS fresh oregano
4-5 cooked lasagna noodles, quartered
1 cup aquafaba mozzarella or daiya cheese
PREPARATION (Oven method)1. Preheat oven to 350˚F/180˚C.
2. Cut the top off of each pepper and remove the seeds. Transfer to a square baking dish. Bake for 20 minutes, to soften.
3. Heat 2 tablespoons of water or vegetable broth in a large pot, or dutch oven, over medium high heat.
4. Add the onion and garlic, cook until softened.
5. Add the zucchini, salt, and pepper.
6. Add the diced tomatoes ad tomato sauce. Bring the mixture to a light simmer.
7. Simmer for 5-10 minutes, remove from heat and set aside.
In a small bowl, combine chicotta, parmesan, and herbs. Mix together with a fork, set aside.
8. Remove the peppers from the oven, drain any excess water that accumulated inside.
9. Assemble the lasagna in each pepper. Alternate 2 tablespoons of sauce, 1 lasagna noodle, 2 tablespoons chicotta mixture, and 1 lasagna noodle until the peppers are full. Top with mozzarella cheese.
10. Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, until the cheese is melted and slightly browned.
OR the Instant Pot could be used using these directions from copymethat
- Fill peppers with mixture. Layering as stated in step 9 (no need to precook peppers)
- Pour 2/3 of tomato sauce into IP and 2/3 can of water.
- Put trivet in and stuffed peppers on top.
- Pour remaining tomato sauce on top of peppers.
- Lock lid, manual for 15 Mins. Natural release method.
- When done, sprinkle with mozzarella cheese on top.
- Close lid for a few moments to melt cheese.
- Serve pepper with some of the "broth" and enjoy"