Sunday, November 12, 2017

Bahamas - Day 2

This morning we woke to the birds singing and the water lapping in the marina and a wonderful 74 degrees.

We enjoyed breakfast outside


a morning stroll

We are now in search of a grocery store  for some of the island's seasonal fruits and vegetables. Our taxi driver told us mangoes, bananas, yams, breadfruit should be on our list, greens are on mine.

From our grocery shopping we were able to piece together a Teriyaki Lentil dish.
We boiled potatoes, stir fried mushrooms and carrots in Cindy's Kitchen Teriyaki Hibachi Style . We tossed in a can of brown lentils (rinsed and drained) and the potatoes. It tasted amazing/ We served this with a salad and Cindy's Kitchen Tomato Basil Dressing

According to the Bahamians, I have a unique gift, my sinuses can tell the change of barometric pressure creating a headache when a storm is approaching. I asked if rain was in the forecast, with a long tale about no one can predict the weather... I mentioned that my head told me it was going to rain. Since it did, I am now the resident weather girl. 
Rainbow from the afternoon showers
Our two other sons arrived tonight to start this family vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment