Smashed Cucumber Salad with lemon dressing. We also reduce the olive oil from 4 tablespoons to 1 TBS plus 3TBS of water.
1 English cucumber, seedless and peeled
3 oz of almond feta
1 small handful of fresh parsley, chopped
6 chives or 1 scallion, chopped
2 TBS lemon juice
zest from 1/4 organic lemon
1 TBS olive oil
3 TBS water
1/2 tsp salt
1. Place the peeled cucumber on a large cutting board with a larger sheet of plastic wrap covering the cucumber on all sides. Get ready to smash: using a heavy-bottom pan, press down on one end of the cucumber until you feel it start to crack. Now, starting at the same end, give your cucumber a few whacks until it starts splitting and smashing all the way down the length of the cucumber.
2. After smashing, remove the plastic, and slice the cucumber into 1-inch slices, leaving the cucumber in its original shape.
3. Use a spatula to carefully transfer the cucumber onto a serving platter (it will take a few trips), recreating the shape of the smashed cucumber.
4. Mix together your dressing: parsley, chives, lemon juice, olive oil and sea salt.
5. Right when it’s time to eat, scatter the almond feta pieces all over the cucumber. Drizzle all of the dressing on the cucumber and feta, being sure to cover the outside pieces of cucumber too. Serve with a spoon. This salad will save well in the fridge; even though it gets watery, it’s still delicious.