1 gluten pie crust, no eggs and no dairy
1 recipe of chicotta
3 oz pinenut parmesan cheese
2 TBS fresh oregano
2 TBS fresh parsley
1 TBS horseradish (the reviews stated it was too bland)
1 tsp miso
1/2 cup aquafaba mozzarella
2 large carrots
1 squash (zucchini or yellow squash)
1TBS olive oil to brush across the top prior to baking
- Bake the tart base in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F for 12-15 minutes. Let it cool.
- In a bowl, add the chicotta, pinenut parmesan cheese, grated nutmeg and pinch of salt. Add the aquafaba mozzarella, horseradish, parsley, and oregano. Mix everything up until smooth.
- Slice strips of zucchini and carrots length-wise using a potato peeler or a mandolin. Using salt to soften the vegetables
- Spread the cheese mixture on top of the tart base.
- Take one slice of a vegetable and roll it up very tightly—this will form the core of the rose. this is where we stopped, Take another slice and keep rolling. With around 2-3 slices you should obtain a decent-size rose bud. Place the bud in the center of the tart, pushing it down into the cheese. Keep rolling roses of different colors and place them one next to the other in a spiral formation.
- Brush olive oil on top of the vegetables and bake the tart at 375 degrees F for 20 minutes.